Leadership Skills Training
|LENGTH OF COURSE
||2 full days
||$850.00 + HST
||Holiday Inn & Suites
101 Kanata Avenue, Ottawa
This two day training course is designed to enable managers and team leaders to achieve results, and to develop an efficient workplace environment.
Leadership is a complex process by which the leader influences others to perform and achieve. The leadership attributes – belief, values, ethics, character, knowledge, and skills – are all traits which can be learned.
There are no prerequisites for this course; however, an understanding of the basic concepts of management is an asset.
||Lesson 1: Leadership
Lesson 2: Establishing Direction
- Leadership models
- Six practices of top leaders
- The three C’s of leadership
- Leadership and power
- Leadership styles
Lesson 3: Communications
- The leader as visionary
- Influence – leading without authority
Lesson 4: Problem Solving
- Effective communications
- Barriers to communications
- Non-verbal communication
- Active listening
- Leadership communications – a model
Lesson 5: Leadership in Management
- Steps to problem solving
- Team problem solving
- The leader as a problem solver
Lesson 6: Coach
Lesson 7: Team Building
- The coach as trainer
- The coach as counselor
- Leaders as learners
Lesson 8: Motivation
- Goal setting
- Team leadership
- Characteristics of a team leader
- Facilitation, mediation, negotiation
Lesson 9: Leadership Pragmatics
- Maslov’s hierarchy of needs
- Herzberg and motivation
- The expectancy theory
- Principles of motivation
- Self actualization in the team
Lesson 10: The Leader
- Leadership and diversity
- Leadership and change
- Leadership and the organization
- Building excellence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Positive and negative leaders
|WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What is leadership? How it is applied? Where is it applied?
- What are the basics of leadership and motivation?
- What is necessary to lead teams?
- How do you integrate this with business management?
- How does one develop skills in communication and negotiation?
- How does one influence peers, subordinates and senior managers?
- How can one become adept at assessing leadership traits and qualities in ourselves and others?
- How can one develop leadership in oneself and others?
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Executives, task leaders, project managers, and anyone else who is or will be responsible for managing teams or individuals.
Download this course description as a printable PDF.
To pay by cheque or to request an invoice, please print and complete the following Registration Form.
Please read and understand the Cancellation Policy before confirming your attendance.